Join us! Apply today so you can begin your future at one of the most innovative, welcoming companies in the world -- Disney Cruise Line!ResponsibilitiesAbout You
You would join the exciting world of cruise travel, working with a group of chefs from around the world.
Every single day as a Junior Sous Chef is different! On any one day you might:
Please apply if you have:
· The capability to take ownership, make decisions and lead a culinary team;
· Competence and confidence to work without regular supervision;
· Proven success managing multi-functional kitchen areas;
· The ability to work under tight deadline and budget pressures;
· Thorough knowledge of safe food handling (HACCP / USPH);
· Proficiency in recipe conversion and ability to follow standardized recipes;
· Excellent written and verbal skills;
· Proven time management/organizational skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
· A minimum of 3 years of culinary experience, including 2 years working as Chef de Partie (including apprenticeship) in a high-volume kitchen.
You have at least 3 years formal culinary training in an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship.
About Disney Cruise Line
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
As this is a shipboard role, you would be asked to:
· Be genuinely interested in a career at sea, and be comfortable living and working in a small space onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel;
· Perform all safety and emergency duties;
· Understand that you would need to commit to the position for at least 2-3 contracts before promotion or transfer;
· Strictly follow United States Public Health, environmental and Disney Company requirements, practices and guidelines;
· Share a cabin with another crew member and be comfortable living in a multicultural environment;
· Adhere to a structured lifestyle, both personally and professionally;
· Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s Visa --we’ll provide the documents to obtain this; and
· Complete a pre-employment physical and obtain a criminal background check.
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week on board, and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination